What is a Transmittal?
A letter of transmittal is a document used by a security holder to accompany documents in an exchange or other project action
What is in a Transmittal?
Transmittal letters often accompany reports and inform of a report's context. Typically, the letter includes information not found in the report. For example, the letter contains information about the particular project and/or due dates. A Transmittal Letter is a business letter and should be formatted accordingly.
Who gets a Transmittal?
A Letter of Transmittal may also be a distribution list with the recipients of a memo, report or contract. A transmittal letter accompanies a document and explains what the document is, why it should receive the reader's consideration, and what the reader should do with it.
When does a Transmittal get sent and what do the recipients see?
A transmittal or cover letter accompanies a larger item, usually a document. The transmittal letter provides the recipient with a specific context in which to place the larger document and simultaneously gives the sender a permanent record of having sent the material.
How long is a Transmittal?
Transmittal letters are usually brief. The first paragraph describes what is being sent and the purpose for sending it. A longer transmittal letter may summarize key elements of the proposal in one or two sentences and provide the recipient with other useful information.
*** Tip: End transmittal letters with a one-sentence paragraph that establishes goodwill by thanking or complimenting the recipient.***
Create a Transmittal
- To transmit a document, go to the home page of your project and scroll to the documents module. Select the section where the document reside that you would like to transmit. We will use Plans as an example.
- Inside the Plans folder, click on the subfolder. You can also select the checkbox next to the desired folder to transmit it in its entirety. Once you have made your selections click Transmit in the top ribbon bar.
- When the Create New Transmittal screen pops up you will be required to enter To, From and Description information. You may also add remarks, CC users and additional documents if needed. **Note: Adding CC users who are NOT project members will add them to the project and they will have project access**
- Once you have entered all information, Click Transmit in the top ribbon bar.
Transmittal Email and Link Functionality (example: 6.5 Transmitting Documents )
When you send your Transmittal, the recipients will get an email. There will be two links in the transmittal:
- Download Zip File - This link will download a .zip file of the folder and its contents to your local environment.
- Download PDF - This link will download a compiled PDF of the transmittal information along with its attachments. The first page will be the transmittal cover sheet and the following pages will be the documents attached.
- Transmittals > (transmittal number) - This link will redirect to the transmittal after the logging into SCPC. The recipient can add remarks and documents as well to transmit back to the sender.
Published:11-2019 | Revised:03-2020 v8.5.3