NOTE – The following applies strictly to updating an existing connector install on the same server. These instructions also assume that you have a standard connector installation. There is a separate document that details the process for installing an updated version of the connector on a new server.
Update the Sage 300 Connector
- Log in to your site www.sagecpc.com / www.plansandspecs.com
- In the navigation tree expand your [Organization name], Setup, Integrations Setup
- Click on the Download Sage 300 Connector (v2x.x) link (where v2x.x matches your version of Sage 300).
- Select [Run], the steps to run the downloaded file may vary by browser.
- When the Sage 300 Connector Install window opens, click [Uninstall Service].
- When the uninstall completes, click on [Install]
- Click Yes or Allow to any confirmation messages.
- Click [Next >>] on the window displaying Verify local settings.
- Click the top [Validate], in the API Key Area.
- Click [OK] to the confirmation message.
- Click the bottom [Validate], then click [OK] to the success message. If an error message appears, make sure that the user name and password matches what is input in step #2 above. NOTE: For 20.3 and above, The username is Case sensitive.
- Click [Next >>]
- Select 4 from the Synchronization Timer dropdown (The Greyed out dropdown box, second line).
- Enter the credentials for your Sage Construction Project Center organization administrator.
- Click [Validate].
- Click [Install], and [OK] to the success message once the service is installed.
- From the Start menu, Search programs and files enter “Services.msc” to open the Services window.
- Scroll to the StratusVue.API.Client.Service, right click and select Properties.
- On the Recovery tab, For First, Second and Third Failure, select “Restart the Service” from the dropdown.
- Click [OK]
- From the Start menu, Search programs and files enter “Event Viewer” and select Event Viewer.
- Review the Event Viewer (Local), Applications and Services Log, StratusVue.API.Client Event Log for any errors after Syncing one of your projects from Sagecpc.com.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do users need to be logged out of SCPC and/or Sage 300 before the new version download file is installed?
No, you can complete the update at any time.
2. Should the server be backed up before installing the Connector?
No, does not affect any 300 or SCPC cloud databases
3. We use a cloud-based solution with client connectivity via Citrix Receiver. Are there any special steps that need to be taken in this situation?
No, the Connector just needs to be installed on the server that the 300 database is running on.
4. When the update is complete, how do we verify that the latest update has been installed?
If you download and run the relevant connector installation application, when the connector install runs, check the version number listed on the first window. If the version number matches the version you have downloaded, the connector has bene updated and you can cancel the install.
5. Do I need to delete the current connector?
No, by downloading the new connector you will be replacing the existing one.