Article Content Navigation
- About the Commitment Type: Purchase Order
- Create a New Commitment Purchase Order
- Adding Commitment Cost Codes to a Purchase Order
- Additional Resources
About the Commitment Type: Purchase Order
The Commitment Info section of the project is home to all of the project's commitments, both Subcontracts and Purchase Orders. The commitment type purchase order is NOT the default commitment type within the StratusVue Platform website when new commitments are created. New Commitments can be updated to purchase orders once they are created.
The purchase order commitment type has its own print, and a standard purchase order is provided out-of-the-box. Please note that the print that is produced can be customized for an organization at any time via the StratusVue Professional Services - Custom Reporting Team. If you are interested in customizing the purchase order that prints for the purchase order commitment type, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Create a New Commitment Purchase Order
1. Navigate to the Commitment Info section of the project
2. Select New Commitment in the top ribbon
3. Enter the Commitment Purchase Order Number
- Commitment Numbers can only be used once per Organization. This means that commitment numbers must be unique. Best Practice: Job Number-XXX (22-123-001 ; 22-123-002)
- For Sage 300 Integrated Customers, please also review: Sage 300 Integrated Requirements for Commitment Synchronization for Sage 300 Commitment Number Requirements
4. Select the Vendor the Commitment Purchase Order is being issued to in Vendor dropdown
- For Sage 300 Integrated Customers this dropdown is populated by the vendors that are synchronized to the User Group - Sage 300 Integrated Address Book. The Vendor Code from Sage 300 will be displayed. If there are people associated to the company within the user group, those people can be selected as the Attention
- For Sage 100 Integrated Customers, this dropdown is populated by the vendors that are synchronized to the User Group - Sage 100 Integrated Vendor List. The Vendor Code from Sage 100 will be displayed. If there are people associated to the company within the user group, those people can be selected as the Attention
- For Stand-Alone Customers/non-integrated projects, this dropdown is populated by the Companies with Project Members on the Project
5. Select the P.O. checkbox to the top right to indicate this commitment is a Purchase Order
6. Enter the description and fill out the additional fields. Please note, the be selecting the P.O. checkbox in Step 5, the P.O. Information section becomes available under the Commitment Dates section.
Please note that Scope, Exclusions, Inclusions, Additional Info, Commitment Start Date & Commitment Days,(Commitment Event Commitment Days Adjustment), Retainage, Contract Type, and Master Agreement Number, and P.O. Information are not required fields, however they are encouraged!
6. Select Save Changes in the top ribbon
Adding Commitment Cost Codes to a Purchase Order
Once the Commitment Purchase Order has been created, it is time to itemize the cost codes and their values that will be included into the commitment; these will become your commitment P.O. lines. Commitment cost code line items can be added individually using the single item entry or in multiples using the multiple item entry option.
Single Item Entry
1. Select the Add New Commitment Item button within the Commitment Cost Codes grid
2. Complete the Add New Commitment Cost Code pop-up
Extras are intended for use in Sage 300 integrations only. Extras must be setup in Sage 300 and can be utilized within the StratusVue Platform website. If the project is not setup to utilize extras - DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING IN THE DROPDOWN.
Project Cost Codes & Show Standard Cost Codes
The Project Cost Codes is the cost codes that are available within the project level Advanced List Management. Selecting Show Standard Cost Codes will allow for a cost code to be selected from the Organizational Level Advanced List Management and added to the project.
Cost Code Category
Once a cost code has been selected, the cost code category dropdown will refresh to show only the categories that are available for that cost code within Advanced List Management
Description, Retainage, and Amount
Enter the description of the line item, the retainage amount if different from what is set for the commitment, and the total value of the line item
Purchase Order Line-Item Fields
Units, Unit of Measure (UoM), and Unit Cost will need to be entered for the purchase order line item. The total value field is a calculated field: Units x Unit Cost = Total
3. Select Save to save the new commitment purchase order line item
If the amount of the commitment line exceeds the budgeted cost for that cost code, the system will show a pop-up
The screen will refresh and the item will be created within the Commitment Cost Codes Grid
Multiple Item Entry
The multiple item entry allows for up to 20 Commitment Cost Code Line Items to be created at one time
1. Select the Add Multiple items button from the Commitment Cost Codes Grid
2. Fill out the form for all of the Commitment Cost Code (Commitment Line) items being created
If the project is not setup to utilize extras - DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING IN THE DROPDOWN.
3. Select Save
The screen will refresh, and the items will be created within the Commitment Cost Codes grid