Upload Bid Package Documents
- The Bid Package documents are stored within the Documents module. Click on the Plans link (or the desired folder to house the documents).
- Select/create a folder to house the documents (this is optional, documents do NOT have to be housed in a subfolder). In the top ribbon bar click New Document
- On the Document Upload screen, fill in the desired information. These fields are not required, but it will make the uploaded information of the documents easier.
- There is an option to upload multiple files using the multiple uploader. Click the checkbox labeled Multiple Documents and then click Upload. This is recommended if adding multiple files at once or a large file. However, the single document upload may also be utilized at the bottom by clicking Choose File to choose a file from the computer's local environment. **Note: The single file uploader has a limit of 100MB. If a larger file is selected, it will not upload and will restart the process for adding documents**
- Drag and drop files into the area that says "Drop Files Here…" or utilize the "Add More Files" button. After the files are added, click Upload to upload the files.
- Pre-Fill Document Information:
- None - No Document Number or Title information will be populated on the editing screen after uploading. Information will have to be entered manually.
- Number and Title based on the filename - The information will be filled based on the title name
- Auto-Increment based on a 3 digit scheme - The document number will be labeled as "001, 002, 003, etc."
- Once the documents are finished uploading the screen will refresh and redirect to a document editing screen. When editing is complete, click Save to be taken back to the folder the files were uploaded to
- Number - Fill in the document number or edit as necessary
- Title - Fill in document title or edit as necessary
- Discipline - Choose the disciple from the dropdown. The icon to the right of the dropdown allows for the discipline to be copied down to all documents
Bid Package Attachments
1. Navigate to the Bid Package that the documents are being referenced to, open it.
2. Scroll down to the Attachments section of the Bid Package
Referenced Documents and Referenced Folders create a link to those documents and folders within the website. There is no file size limitation for these files as they will be downloaded from within the Bid Package.
Attachments are not referenced, they will be included as an attachment to the Invitation to Bid Email.
WARNING: Many email providers have file size limitations. Referencing Folders and Files into the Bid Package from the Documents Module ensures that the Invitation to Bid Email is received by the bidder.
3. Select the corresponding reference option for what is being referenced:
4. In the Document Selection Tool, select the Documents Module Section the folder or document resides in
5. Select the Folder or Document that is being referenced
NOTE: Folders will be noted with an arrow (>) and bolded, whereas document files will not
6. Use the Close & Attach Selected button to reference the selected files
7. Within the Attachments section of the Bid Package, the folders and files will be shown accordingly.
- The icon that appears next to the folder name will reflect the section of Documents where the folder resides.
General & Photos