How do I manage vendors after uploading to the cloud?
- Once you upload your vendors from Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Address Book, they are available to you in the cloud. This job reference explains how to view your cloud vendors, and what to do if you need to add new vendors or modify existing ones.
The Address Book user group
- Once vendors are uploaded to the cloud, you can see person contacts associated with each vendor under Setup > User Groups > Address Book in the navigation tree under your organization
- These contacts do not have a user login, because they have not yet been added as users to the site. You can easily change them to users by clicking the <none> link next to the user and adding a login and password. In order to send a company to the cloud, add at least one person contact.
**Note: Make sure the Change Password checkbox is checked before entering a password.**
- Accounts Payable vendors who do not have at least one person contact associated with them are not uploaded. For example, vendor 1450, Tile and Flooring. Northwest, has no associated person contacts in Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate, so contacts for that vendor do not appear in the cloud Address Book.
- Companies in Address Book can have a Street address, Shipping address, or Remittance address. Only one address is uploaded to the cloud for each company. The system searches for these address types in the order listed, and uses the first one found as the organization’s address. In Accounts Payable, the address entered on the Vendor Setup > General tab is sent to Address Book as the Remittance address. If a company also has a Street or Shipping address, the vendor’s address in Sage Construction Project Center will not match the vendor’s setup.
Updating contact information
- Sometimes you need to change a contact’s information. When you receive new information for a person contact, make the change on-premise, in the Address Book Person Setup window. The new information is uploaded to the cloud with the next synchronization.
- If you make the change in the cloud, the new contact information is over-written with the on-premise data. Always make changes to person contacts in the accounting system to avoid losing the information after synchronizing.
Adding a contact
To add a contact, add the person’s details in the Person Setup window in Address Book, and associate them with a company that you have uploaded to the cloud. The person will be uploaded to Sage Construction Project Center as a Contact, at which point you can convert them to a User.
Updating organizational information
When you need to update company contact information from a subcontractor or vendor, make the changes in Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate, in Address Book. If you change the company’s Remittance Address, the Accounts Payable vendor reflects the change. Changes to the Shipping or Street address appear in Sage Construction Project Center depending on which is used for that company.
Published:11-2019 | Revised:02-2020 v8.5.3