What are User Groups?
User Groups are created and maintained at the Organization Level. A User Group is a folder that contains a specific collection of StratusVue Website profiles, contacts and users. This container of profiles is similar to a distribution list you would use when sending an email. A central location of a specific set of profiles to bus used on the project. User groups can be useful for adding a specific set of User profiles to cc's within a project or building a bid list. The user groups are only visible for creation and edits by an Org Admin user. Project Members can utilize the data presented within the user groups at the project level. Categories are folders to better organize your User Groups (Subcontractors, Architects, etc.) Once you create a Category folder, you can then create a User Group within that folder.
Create a New User Group
- On the Navigation Tree click on My Organizations--> Setup--> User Groups.
- Within the User Groups, on the top ribbon bar select Create.
- Enter a name for your User Group and click save.
- The User Group is now created and ready for StratusVue Website Profiles to be added. Existing Profiles can be added by searching the StratusVue Website database from the top ribbon bar, Add Users. If the profile is not already created you can create a new User Profile by clicking New User or create a new Contact Profile by clicking New Contact.
- To maintain your user group you can remove StratusVue Website profiles by selecting the red x within the user group at the far right of the profile.
- The user group will now be available for your project members to use within the project. The user groups are presented within the user selection tool in various locations within the project. When the user selection tool is open you can control the location by clicking on the green drop down arrow and selecting My User Groups.
- After selecting My User Groups the User Selection Tool will allow you to select the User Group of choice.
Updated: 03.06.2020 Version: 8.5.3
Published:10-2019 | Revised:02-2020 v8.5.3