PDFs in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome. In the top right corner click on the three dots and select Settings. At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
- Near the bottom click PDF documents.
Turn off/on Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
PDF's in Firefox
You can use a different PDF viewer instead of the built-in PDF viewer, if you prefer. To change from using the built-in PDF viewer to another PDF viewer:
- Click the menu button and choose Options (Some Operating systems may have it labeled as Preferences)
- In the General panel, navigate to the Applications section. Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on the entry to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry. The Action entry will show Preview in Firefox when you're using the built-in PDF Viewer.
- To use an external application to view PDF files, select the entry for the PDF application you wish to use, such as Use Adobe Acrobat.